30 years on and what an exciting ride it has been. To celebrate Negociants 30th Anniversary, the company hosted two significant tastings: the first at Sky City in Auckland and the second at Logan Brown in Wellington.
In addition to raising a glass or two over lunch, the purpose was to share 30 iconic wines with our long-term customers, many of whom have become allies and friends.
These are customers and suppliers, who have stuck with Negociants through both good and more challenging times; in a very competitive, ever changing and crowded marketplace. This was the Negociants way of saying THANK YOU!
The wines selected for our Icon Tasting reflect diversity of style and provenance. They are all wines of pedigree, international renown and high quality within their category.
- Tio Pepe Fino en Rama 2014
- Nautilus Estate Cuveé Marlborough Brut 2008 Tirage en Magnum
- Champagne Bollinger Special Cuveé NV
- Pewsey Vale Vineyard Riesling 2014
- Hugel & Fils Riesling Jubilee 2009
- Marc Bredif Vouvray Grande Année 1997
- William Fevre Chablis Grand Cru ‘Les Preuses’ 2011
- Vasse Felix Heytesbury Chardonnay 2013
- Yalumba The Virgilius Viognier 2012
- Yalumba The Signature Cabernet Sauvignon & Shiraz 2012
- d’Arenberg The Dead Arm Shiraz 2010
- Rockford Basket Press Shiraz 2007
- Langmeil The Freedom 1843 Shiraz 2012
- Jim Barry The Armagh Shiraz 2009
- Henschke Hill of Grace 2009
- Bodegas Beronia Rioja Reserva 2008
- Bodegas Vega Sicilia Valbuena 2007
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet Marsannay Rouge 2011
- Faiveley Gevrey Chambertin ‘Les Cazetieres’ 2011
- Guigal Côtes du Rhône Rouge 2011
- Guigal Côte-Rotie La Mouline 2009
- Antinori Tignanello IGT 2011
- Isole e Olena Chianti Classico 2012
- Tenuta San Guido D.O.C. Bolgheri Sassicaia 2011
- Gaja DaGromis Barolo 2010
- Weingut Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Riesling Kabinett 2013
- Chateau Rieussec 2007
- Royal Tokaji Aszu 5 Puttonyos 2009
- Warre’s Otima 10 Year Old Tawny Port
- Delamain Pale & Dry X.O. 25 Year Old Cognac Grand Champagne
After enjoying the tastings, a number of guests were invited to stay for lunch, likened to a trip down memory lane, with many laughs and good memories from the last 30 years being shared and revisited. Nautilus Estate of Malborough also celebrating its 30th birthday provided the wines that accompanied lunch. Nautulis Point Pinot Gris 2014 and the newly released Nautilus Pinot Noir 2013.